There is a reason why even the dabbing connoisseur is hyping this accessory. The terp slurper is the latest kid on the block—which might seem like a gimmick, but it does a lot more than you can fathom. Before you get into the idea of whether it is worth it or not (which, by the way, it is), you should skim through the what-s and the how-s.
Just as the products in the legal cannabis industry continue to evolve, the devices available to consume them are evolving, too. Cannabis consumers are creative and always exploring new ways to get the most out of their products. The terp slurper is the perfect example of “stoner innovation.”
What is a Terp Slurper Banger?
A terp slurper nail is a new design on an old method of dabbing. While buckets have been common for several years, this style of bucket helps ensure less wasted product regardless of the size of the dab consumed.
Similar to a traditional bucket, the terp slurper banger has an additional tube leading down to an open tray, or skillet. Small slits in the bottom of the tube allow airflow to continuously flow as the consumer inhales, creating a vacuum which constantly “percolates” the shatter, wax, or resin.
With a dome or cap, the percolation keeps the oil moving over the heated surface, preventing burning the product and allowing more time for the vapor to be inhaled.
Safe to call it a midway between safe smoking and easy vaping, the terp slurper banger is a rather unique modification in terms of glass dabbing accessories. Considering how rapidly dabbing has taken an upper hand in the said niche, the terp slurper only makes dabbing ever so inviting.
Working as a modified version of a bucket, the terp slurper banger is a dabbing accessory that is used to prevent any wastage of useful concentrate. By association, it also makes dabbing a lot more authentic.
What are the Three Main Components?
The terp slurper banger comes with three essential components, as follows.
- Topmost Section: Similar to the standard banger, the topmost section of the terp slurper is quite familiar to the said crowd.
- Middle Section: This is in the form of a cylinder that extends all the way to the bottom. It also has slits or holes for easier conduction.
- Lower Section: This obviously works as a connector to the cylinder. It also happens to contain the dish.
Now that you are aware of the components of the terp slurper nail, it only makes sense to add to this proposition by mentioning the features. So, here it is.
- The quartz build tends to make it reliable, durable, and evidently long-lasting.
- It also has four air slits for great airflow. In order to get the most out of your concentrate, you will need good aeration.
- The flat-top design and 90-degree joint angle make it ergonomically stable too.
- The terp slurper has a near-perfect heat-retention capability.
- Need perfect and incredible flavors? Look no further.
The biggest advantage of this innovative new design of quartz banger is it allows for complete usage of the product even in large doses. In addition, by preventing burning, the airflow created by the slits in the bottom dish improves the overall flavor of the dab.
What use are features if it does not pose the biggest advantages, right? Here is a plethora of them.
The terp slurper banger is able to retain most of the concentrate. This provides a massive advantage in terms of being able to provide you the best flavor possible. In fact, that happens to be the greatest unique selling proposition of the terp slurper.
Remember that we said how dabbers are flocking towards the terp slurper? flavor. It’s all about the flavor. Really, this is one of the few ways in which you can maximize the limits of your terpenes.
By association of concentration, the terp slurper nail manages to minimize wastage. If flavor maximization is its USP, then so is the minimization of wastage. Not only do you increase the potency of the said flavors, but save up a lot by reducing waste.
Low-temperature dabbing involves that your concentrates take a lot less to provide the same, if not better dabbing experience. Low-temperature dabbing is possible owing to the construction and mechanism of working of the terp slurper.
How to Use a Terp Slurper Nail?
You’re pretty close to getting the most of it now. You are fully aware of the features and advantages—get along with the sesh now.
- Heat the bottom dish for approximately 30-35 seconds.
- Wait for another 40-45 seconds before putting the cap on top. After this, you can completely block the airflow.
- Dab it on the bottom dish and inhale. Make the most of it.
There is room for a small modification, though. Some dabbers actually prefer doing the reverse of what is mentioned. Either way, you should be absolutely good to go with your session.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Using a terp slurper involves some sort of maintenance too, like most other things. When it comes to this, here is how you clean a terp slurper.
- Firstly, do not overheat it. There is a reason why the terp slurper can operate optimally at lower temperatures. Overheating would result in irreparable scars and burn marks.
- When it comes to this, avoid hash oil at all costs. This will burn and char, let alone produce residues that are impossible to eliminate later on.
- Cleaning it would require Q-tips. Considering the fact that it contains cylindrical parts, the Q-tip should be an efficient tool to go deep when it comes to the cleaning business.
- If reaching deep and cleaning becomes difficult and arduous with regular Q-tips, try to soak it in isopropyl alcohol as well as salt for a while. If it still fails to be clean, you probably have burnt some concentrate from the past.
Learning how to consume hash oil can be intimidating. There is a broad range of tools and terminology typically used to vaporize hash oil. Let’s review some of the basics,
- Dab Straw – maybe the simplest tool for dabbing. This is just a glass straw which the consumer heats with a torch, then gently “dabs” the tip into the hash oil, inhaling the vapor from the opposite end.
- Dab Rig – this is generally a table-top glass water pipe, but they may also be made from silicon, porcelain, or even plastic. These devices may resemble other bongs and water pipes, and even be interchangeable depending on the accessories you use.
- Accessories – various buckets, nails, domes, and caps to suit the consumer’s style of dab rig. Also referred to as “bangers.
With a dab rig, consumers have a range of buckets, nails, and domes or caps to choose from. The style may be dependent on what kind of hash oil is being consumed, while the shape may be dependent on the style of dab rig it is being used on. Different angles may be necessary based on the shape of the stem in the pipe.
The terp slurper is the next innovation in dabbing accessories.
Buying and Maintaining
Purchasing a terp slurper is no different than purchasing other buckets and bangers. The most important part is ensuring you buy the right adapter for your rig, both in fit and shape.
To maintain a new banger, clean with an alcohol swab after each use. Don’t apply hash oil to a glowing red bucket, this can create toxic fumes, as well as, quickly burn your product and ruin the banger.
Dabbing can be an indulgent affair for the right audience, and for all the right reasons. When it comes to the terp slurper, you just cannot get it wrong. Not only is great concentrate an outcome, but minimal waste too. Happy dabbing!